Friday, January 8, 2021

Library Continuation

Library Project Continued

         Previously, I would restructure my projects to better fit external complications, such as work or sickness. The visual aesthetic of props would be the first thing that I would reduce. Such as using place holders or less detailed models to ensure it was completed in time for testing. 

    In my essays I wrote that time was saved on transition areas by not putting these features in as heavily as they do in main gameplay areas. This ultimately does save the industry time and costs that they would prefer to spend on the areas that are essential for game-play, as transition areas are for downtime. 

       By following this within my own projects I feel it may have caused more problems then solutions. My projects are developed around the concept of ways of improving transition areas, not to create them using the same restrictions. However these restrictions do still exists within the industry, so I would like to explore this in my continuation of the library scene. Reducing the visuals I feel had an effect on changing the emotional impact the projects have had on the test players. 

       For the second iteration of my Library test scene I am wanting to recreate the environment with improved visuals and test what effects the visuals have on the players emotional response to the environment and the possible effects this may have had on previous projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment