Friday, January 8, 2021

The Graveyard corridor

Graveyard Transition area

          For this project I am wanting to create an atmospheric graveyard scene. Focusing on more abstract assets and further developing the emotional impact of  ''the sense of self'' and exploration within the scene. With the combination of these I am hoping to create an overall emotionally impactful atmosphere. 


Image from ArtStation. By Darren Benton 

       For this scene I want to design I am wanting to lean into a stylized abstract nature. Creating textures that have a more hand painted style to them. Originally I wanted to make the scene white with black silhouettes. After further research and discussion with peers I have realized that there are a few problems with doing it this way. Such as the effect of depth on the environment and models. 
 
Raven Art By 5erg
      
However there are ways around the issues in the use of techniques such as water colors and ink. The different tones of the black gives a sense of depth while still maintain contrast. Although I could go this direction, keeping the black and white. I still feel that I want more color depth. So for my project I am wanting to create some of the assets as silhouettes, such as trees and hills in the background. however for the assets that are closer I want colored textures, but with a murky over tone to them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment